Sunday, March 7, 2010

teiscinn

Okay, so now a bit more intro.


My thinking tends to be a bit 雜 zá 'random,ecletic'; i.e. in my case a nicer way of saying 'not very disciplined'. Hence this blog will likely tilt towards---"careen around" feels a bit more honest---the surface gloss I like to give to the Chinese literary genre called 雜記 zájí. Namely, 'random notes'.

An undisciplined mind: this is why I tend to perish more than I publish.

But the 雜 , that's why we are here, way out in the open ocean---to slosh and splash about, and see what floats and what sinks. (I'm in the basement, mixing up the metaphors....)

So this is a place to hoot and holler about the fun-ness of this wacky phenomenon we call language. Here is where I will happily gibber about the ideas that pop into into my head, and encourage others to similarly let loose their voices as linguists.

No comments:

Post a Comment